|Grapefruit & Endive Salad, Photo: NK|
This time, I served it alongside a hearty French style Hunter's Stew to lighten the mood a bit, but it would make a great addition to an elegant luncheon or as an extremely quick side for a delicate fish fillet. It's a stunner no matter how you present it.
|A quick prep with a big payoff, Photo: NK|
Ruby Red Grapefruit and Endive Salad
Serves 4 as a light side
1/2 Large Ruby Red Grapefruit, very ripe, peeled & cut into 1/2 inch sections + 1 Tablespoon Grapefruit Juice
2 Medium Belgian Endives, base cut off and leaves carefully separated
1 heaping Tablespoon Minced Italian Parsley
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
1/8 teaspoon Salt
Flakey Salt to finish (French Grey Salt or other Coarse Sea Salt would be great choices)
|Cutting the Endive, Photo: NK|
1. In a bowl, toss Endive Leaves gently with the Grapefruit Sections.
2. In another small bowl, mix the Olive Oil, 1/8 teaspoon Salt, Black Pepper and Grapefruit Juice. Mix.
3. Drizzle dressing over the Endive leads and toss again.
4. To serve, arrange Endive leaves as pictured in a long rectangular or oval platter. Place Grapefruit sections as you see fit.
5. Sprinkle with Parsley and one or two small pinches of Coarse Salt (optional).