|Seared Scallops with White Wine & Orange Sauce, Photo: NK|
This cliff notes version of a fancier dish is a great weeknight recipe that's ready lightening quick. Under ten minutes to be exact. Do try our full-on Scallops With Orange Beurre Blanc recipe when you have a little bit more time and are looking to impress!
Shortcut Seared Scallops with White Wine & Orange Sauce
Serves 2 as an appetizer or light entree
10-12 Large Sea Scallops, tough muscle removed
1 Small Shallot, chopped
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil + an extra drizzle
1/8 Cup Wine
1/4 Cup Orange Juice
1 Tablespoon of Butter
1/3 Cup Minced Parsley
Salt & Pepper
1. Pat very dry and season Scallops with Salt and Pepper.
2. Heat Oil in a skillet over medium heat. Swirl to cover evenly.
3. When Oil is shimmering, add the Scallops and cook, untouched, until caramelized on one side, about 2-3 minutes. They should detach from the skillet easily, or with a gentle scape from a metal spatula. Flip Scallops and finish cooking for another minute or so until firm and opaque. Remove Scallops to a plate.
4. In the skillet, drizzle a bit more oil of needed and add the Shallots. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until they begin to soften and become translucent - 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Now add the Wine and Orange Juice. Bring the liquid to a boil and allow to bubble until it reduces to about a third of its original volume. This will happen quickly!
6. Turn off the heat and add Butter. Stir it until it melts. Finish by adding Parsley.
To serve, plate the Scallops and Drizzle with the Orange Sauce. Enjoy!